Monday, February 23, 2009

The 5 Minutes that Changed my Life

I woke up this morning with no Working permit or Letter of Invitation, which are both need to get your visa to China, which are all three things I need before my flight on the 27th (this Friday). One of the first things I did this morning was I called the Visa agency I'm working with, and they told me that they had not received my package which included my passport, check, and other valuable documents (though according to USPS, the package had arrived last Thursday). After that conversation, I was a little down and so I was sitting in my Dad's office, alone, when the doorbell rang. It was the FedEX guy who was the deliverer of my Working Permit and Letter of Invitation from China!

I signed for the documents, and ripped open the package to make sure everything was correct (it was!), and then I called the Visa agency again so that I could know where to send scanned copies of each document. When I called, I spoke to a woman named Nina, who told me where I can send the scanned copies (which were to her desk so that she knew they wouldn't be lost). She got my phone number, and than told me that she was going to hunt for my package to make sure it hadn't been misplaced and that she was going to call me as soon as she found out anything.

After this, I hung up, put the phone in my pocket, and walked into my room. Not 2 minutes later Nina called and told me that she found my package, with all the necessary documents, and that she was going to take it to the Embassy today at 11 central time, and than she'd go back the next day, and pick up my visa, then immediately ship it overnight to me in Atlanta!

All this took place within 5 minutes, which will forever be remembered to me as the 5 minutes that changed my life.

So, here is what is going on with my visa.

Monday at 11:00 AM (Central Time), Nina will be taking the documents and my passport to the embassy and drop them off to be completed.

Tuessday at 11:00 AM (Central Time), Nina goes back to the embassy with other people's documents, and while she drops them off, she picks up those that are completed, which mine will be by this time.

Tuesday afternoon - Nina will gather all the Visa, and mail them out to who they belong to, all next day delievery.

So this means that I will get my Visa either Wednesday or Thrusday! Of course I'd prefer it to be Wednesday, but it's gaureenteed to be here Thrusday so I'm not worrying anymore.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm going to China!

No comments:

Post a Comment